Sunday, September 17

grace

yet another blog about an amazing song by John Mark McMillan - How He Loves Us.

there is a line in this song that John Mark sings-
"if grace is an ocean we're all sinking"

the other day when I was driving, I started to think about what that really means. if God's grace is an ocean then we're all sinking...
as I was pondering that thought, I saw this picture of an ocean of grace. you could not see land in any direction. it was hundreds of feet deep. and there I was trying to stay above the grace, but I kept on sinking deeper and deeper.

more than one time in my life I have screwed up. in fact I am pretty sure that I fail on a daily basis. but, God, with this overwhelming grace, still forgives me every time I screw up. i try to swim on my own sometimes, but then God brings his grace down on my and drowns me.

this is one of those thoughts that I can't wrap my head around fully, but I don't ever want to be able to totally understand it either.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home